Monday, December 1, 2008

Robin's List

(All the World's A Stage, by James C. Christensen)

I'm so excited to be participating in this 2009 challenge!  Here's the list of books I'd like to read for it.  I'm also planning on reading, listening to, and watching King Lear for this challenge.  My husband and I like to take on a new play each year, and experience it in as many different forms as possible. We did that last year with The Tempest, the year before with A Midsummer Night's Dream, so in 2009 it will be King Lear.  I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone will be reading, and to reading the many reviews!  Thanks, Historia!

1. Shakespeare's Wife, by Germaine Greer
2. Shakespeare Sketchbook, by Renwick St. James; artwork by James C. Christensen
3. Shakespeare Alive!, by Joseph Papp
4. A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare: 1599, by James Shapiro
5. Introduction to Shakespeare, by Marchette Chute
6. Shakespeare, by Anthony Burgess

No comments: